SPORT CLEARANCE PACKET / GENERAL ATHLETIC INFORMATION
Sport Clearance Packet
Each student participating in a sport must complete a sport clearance packet before the season starts. Please use the forms in the athletic locker for clearance.
General Athletic Information
1. Physicals and sport packets are required for each sport. The sport physical needs to run through your season of sport. Coaches will hand out packets to athletes or they may be obtained through the front office. If athletes play a second sport in a school year, they will not be required to do another physical but will have to fill out another sport packet. This pertains to school year not summer.
2. Insurance is required during summer and school year. Health insurance can be purchased for a nominal fee.
3. Athletes are required to maintain a 2.0 GPA to stay eligible for sports. EVERY progress report counts. If you drop under a 2.0 at the end of any grading period, you will be put on probation. You are required by the end of the next grading period to be above a 2.0. If not, you are ineligible for the rest of the calendar year. You are only allowed to be on probation once every school year. These are League Rules which supersede CIF.
4. CIF is the governing body for high school athletics. If you have questions regarding transfers, special situations, or rules for certain sports refer to the BLUE BOOK at http://www.cifss.org/index.php. This site also has forms that may be needed.
5. All parents and players will be given a summer sports camp application that must be signed and turned in before an athlete can participate in summer sports.
The Compton Unified School District, is committed to ensuring equal, fair, and meaningful access to employment and education services. Compton Unified School District does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis and/or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics of age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, parental status, medical condition, medical information, military or veteran status, national origin, immigration status, political affiliation, pregnancy and related conditions, race, religion, retaliation, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by California state and federal nondiscrimination laws respectively. Not all bases of discrimination will apply to both education services and employment. This policy applies to all acts related to school activity or school attendance occurring within the district school.
Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination and civil rights should be directed to the Compliance Officer, Dr. Kanika White, Ed.D., 501 S. Santa Fe Ave, Compton Ca 90221. Phone No. (310) 604-6527. Email: email@example.com